Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The wrong side of the bed, apparently

Yesterday pretty much sucked.

 

Still, last night I got some work done and was quite happy as I settled into bed a little after midnight, tired, but looking forward to a high quality Wednesday.  Here’s how it went down from there:

 

Babe-O slept through the night, which is rare.  Usually good news, but this time caused some trouble.  First of all, I was sleeping so soundly by morning that I didn’t bat an eye when my cell phone alarm went off at 5 a.m.  So at 6:30 (the hour also known as way to late to make it to the gym before work) when Babe-O woke up fussing, I was immediately miffed that I had overslept and angrily shut off my apparently persistent cell phone buzz, which had been going strong for an hour and a half.

 

Then I started to get up to get Babe-O from her crib.  I swung my legs over the side of the bed and landed with the usual sleepy Jedi precision squarely inside of my black Nike sport sandals, narrowly avoiding direct contact with the cold-in-the-morning bamboo floor.  When I took that first step towards the bedroom door, my foot slid wildly out from under me and I landed with a thump on the floor next to what I would later identify as an extremely slippery puddle of dog vomit.

 

From there I went to get Babe-O, stuck her in bed with Amy, and build the usual little pillow fortress along my side of the bed so that she doesn’t roll off onto the floor (because, you know, that’s where we keep the dog vomit).  After that, things started looking up a bit.  But based on that first minute or two of the day, Wednesday might have shaped up to be an ugly one.

 

Oh yeah.  I did clean up the dog vomit before I left.  I also gave both of the dogs some dedicated attention for a while, as at least one of them, I assume, has the swine flu.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment