Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dad-O is Flab-O

When my wife and I first met, I was in really, really good shape.

In retrospect, that sucks. Because over the years, she hasn't forgotten.

She'll be the first to tell you that my property value has declined a bit in the last few years.

And let's face it, I'm a little bit grossed out, too, especially when I'm winded going up a few flights of stairs that I used to be able to tackle with a dude clinging to my back.

So with our brand-spanking new YMCA membership now official, I'm going to see if I can recommit to being a fit guy. Besides, I'd like to clean myself up a bit before Babe-O knows the difference. That's me over there, evidently hovering right between overweight and normal, which believe it or not works out to being about 40 pounds heavier than I was in college. I'm not sure if I'll keep up with the Wii Fit thing regularly, but I figured I'd at least use it to keep track of my progress. It doesn't help that I had to pull batteries out of every device in the house to get the remote and balance board up and running after much disuse (141 days, according to the Wii).

Wish me luck

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I indeed don't know you, however... When my WiiFit screen comes up, it shoots above the "O" in Obese faster than a hunting dog chases a squirrel. THAT if flab!

    Good luck losing your weight and getting in shape, though! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @robmonroe
    Thanks for the support. As for the obese-o-meter, i find that it helps to put your height at 8 or 9 feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'll "shoot right up" when I get home today! Spinach must be working well, or something like that!

    ReplyDelete