Sunday, October 25, 2009

...at the Y-M-C-A

We joined the Y the other day, which gives us access to a handful of the various Y locations around town. We joined downtown, but yesterday got to check out a newer location closer to our house. I'm loving having access to the stuff (including childcare).

This time out, I played with Babe-O in the pool while Mom-O swam laps in the lap pool. Mom-O hasn't trained in a while, so she didn't spend a ton of time doing laps, but it was more than enough time for Babe-O to splash around and have a good time.

She has started to enjoy perching on her butt on the edge of the pool and then jumping off into the water...pretty impressive as far as I'm concerned, especially considering that I was about 14 before I had the guts to do that (I'm not much of a swimmer. Have been around water and watersports all my life, but never learned to swim beyond what you need to keep from drowning.)

Anyway, it was a great time and we'll be back there often.

One downside to this particular YMCA: very odd locker room layout. Let's just say that there are lots of unmarked doors and it isn't hard to imagine how one might find themselves marching buck-ass naked into the family swimming area. So yeah, I'll watch out for that.

3 comments:

  1. I also Have a YMCA membership for my family through membership for all its great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon as my sugars and hormones stabilize, I'm hoping to start taking mikki to our Y again. It's a great membership to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @amylou1977
    yeah...i've been putting it off but am stoked that we are trying it.

    @ilanna
    very cool. i'm quite happy for the family, but also looking forward to having a gym to go to again (nice, new one, too).

    ReplyDelete