Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bad and badder (but which is which?)

Today I had a really crappy day at work.  I was scrambling to deliver a project and had to work through lunch, which is something I almost never do.  No matter how busy things are, I’ll generally bring work home with me before I’ll skip seeing Babe-O at lunchtime. 

 

Anyway, today I had to skip seeing Babe-O at lunch.  And it turned out that today was a crummy day for that.  That’s because, back on the home front, Amy was having a really rough day with the baby, who was being generally difficult to please.  After all, my lunchtime pop-in is as much to give Mom-O a break as it is to give Babe-O her lunch.

 

Basically, I spent the day getting myself completely stressed out and Amy spent the day getting completely stressed out by the cranky kid.  So when I walked in the door, I was completely at the end of my rope, as was Amy.  I grabbed a beer and – since my stress wasn’t child related – took over baby duty for the night.  Finally, in the kind of small favor that makes it possible to get through the day, Babe-O went quickly to sleep right after her bath.

 

That little piece of good news turned out to be enough to get us grinning like idiots as we finish up the day and try to get some work done around the house.

 

As for the question at hand:

 

Who had the crappier day, Josh with work stress or Amy with baby stress?

 

Yes.  Absolutely.  By a mile.

4 comments:

  1. Both, my friend. Both.

    Hope that today goes better, for everyone's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @dudes on diapers
    Indeed. Parents should be allowed to purchase it using pre-tax dollars.

    ReplyDelete