Friday, January 15, 2010

Cookies?

So Babe-O has been super fussy today. It's probably a tooth issue.

Regardless, she's got her mom at the end of her rope and is trying my patience even in the few hours I've been home. She wanted nothing to do with dinner and has been persistenly whining the whole time we ate.

I finally got her to eat some apple slices and a little bit of shepard's pie and took over for the rest of the night while Amy headed upstairs to get some work done.

Now Babe-O is marching happily around in big circles saying "cookies...cookies...cookies" as she goes. Props to me for standing firm on that issue on account of (A) she didn't eat enough dinner and (B) we're all out of cookies anyway.

Now THAT'S parenting.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Amen. Love when my own slackness helps me find a backbone. It's especially hard when you just want them to be happy already. :)

    ReplyDelete