Friday, January 29, 2010

Cookie? Cookie!

I'm not a big fat guy, but I will eat every last cookie in a bag of double stuff Oreos in one day. Even when I was at my most fit, I could not expose myself to that temptation. It's a huge weakness and I know it, so unless I'm feeling really decadent and want to drown out some specific frustration by way of nine-hour diabetic coma, I don't keep the things in the house.

Oh, and not just Oreos. They are the worst, but I will eat homemade chocolate chip cookies until I am sick or suck on frozen cookie dough until my teeth hurt.

There I said it. It's disgusting.

Anyway...Babe-O's into cookies as well. They give kids a free cookie at the grocery store and she knows as soon as we get in the car to start asking for one. Then when we get to the store, she'll pretty much made us go directly to the cookie bin and from there we have to plan our route around the store so that we don't go past the bin again later.

Even worse is that Amy told me today that Babe-O has started asking for cookies within minutes of waking up in the morning.

That's a problem. It's genetic.

One thing that we're considering is perhaps making cookies available to the little one 24/7 so that she stops making such a big deal about getting them. The idea is that once the cookie thrill is gone, she'll chill out on the issue and adopt a less passionate relationships with cookies.

Just a thought. And I'm not even kidding, as I write this I feel like crap because Amy made cookies tonight, I ate too many, and now I want to die.

2 comments:

  1. It's not a bad idea. I've seen it work with other things. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I found out that my beloved, wonderful and perfect wife has spoiled the crap out of our daughter. Every.single.day Abby (daughter) gets fruit snacks on the way home from school. Never mind the fact that when picking her up, she's literally putting the last of her afternoon snack in her mouth. Never mind that as soon as she gets home she has a snack. Turns out, since Mama is hungry but won't eat anything, the child is getting the reward.

    Argh!

    ReplyDelete