Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's all fun and games until...

Babe-O knows quite a few words by now. One of them, it turns out, is "fart."

She learned this from her mother.

Anyway, not only does she know what a fart is, she has also picked up on a universal truth: farts are funny.

Last night she was screaming bloody murder as I tried to put her on the potty and I was just about to write her off as inconsolable when I accidentally ripped one. At a little slower than the speed of sound (and a little faster than the speed of smell), Babe-O went from screaming to laughing.

A few seconds later she was doing her business on the potty and a few seconds after that, we were done and getting her dressed again. Brilliant.

Of course now it's only a matter of time before I try to console the baby and end up shitting myself.

2 comments:

  1. Let the public record show that she most certainly did NOT learn this from her mother. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last line!
    Farts are a neverending source of comedy in our house, and I will take full responsibility for teaching my son a deep, abiding appreciation for bodily noises ;)

    ReplyDelete