Monday, November 23, 2009

Dad's Night In

It’s just me at the house tonight, which is rare. 

Amy and Babe-O are out visiting an old friend of Amy’s and I’m here with the dogs.

I kicked it off by making a feast of turkey dinner leftovers and now I’m stuffed silly sitting in front of the computer.  The whole thing is pretty cathartic, since I was super stressed all day at work.  After unwinding a little bit now I’m getting down to work, trying to accomplish some things while I’ve got the place to myself: caught up on some client correspondence, set up interviews with contacts for a couple of magazine articles I’m working on, and dug through my webmail to get some files together in the wake up my PC crash.

(Did I mention I had a PC crash?  A bad one.  It sucked.)

So now I’m in the super quiet house flying through work and decompressing at the same time.  One more work day this week and I’m on the road for Thanksgiving travels.  Tomorrow will be rough – more frantic work at the office and a bunch of freelance stuff that is just coming together ahead of deadline, but once on the road all should be will.

Wish me luck.  This time tomorrow night I should be in the home stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment