Thursday, January 29, 2009

Remedial Snowman Building (retraction)

A few days after I published my Remedial Snowman Building post, there was a knock at the door. Standing out front was a local attorney, retained by my mother to deliver the photo below, which was accompanied by a formal Cease & Desist order forbidding me to "further discuss in public forum any childhood deficiencies as they may relate to parental instruction or lack thereof with respect to snowman construction."

That said, and given the fact that I can't afford another snowman-related lawsuit, I'll take this opportunity to correct my snowman post. While it is true that to this day, I have absolutely no talent when it comes to snowmen, in my lifetime I have clearly built at least one with moderate success.

On the plus side, this means if Babe-O ever gets mad at me for not being able to build her one, I can show her this photo and point out that I USED to be able to build a snowman, but I must have pushed the knowledge out of my brain to make room for learning how to build all of her baby contraptions, which fit together like Erector sets from hell.

So there, I said it.

I have built a snowman. I was raised properly.

Oh – and one more thing: The snowman Polaroid was not really delivered by an attorney. It arrived along with a box of baby stuff and other goodies. Many thanks to the 'rents/grand'rents!

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH classic! :)

    As for the contraptions being like erector sets from hell - we didn't encounter that too much - the dresser came prebuilt and the crib only had 5 main pieces and went together very easily... but I look forward to a future when my daughter gets toys that need assembly and then watching my engineer husband look to me for help. :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ilanna
    We got lucky on the furniture, too. What killed me was the baby swing, pack n play, bouncer, etc.

    Between a Mom and an engineer, it sounds like you guys will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete