Friday, January 23, 2009

The handliest hand she’s ever seen

Right now, we're kicked back watching Supernanny on TV while Babe-O lounges around, probably amused by how long ago her bedtime was. We were doing some visiting this evening, which led us to missing our 7 p.m. bath/bed routine – which was fine until it wasn't.

Babe-O was delightful for most of the visit, being cuddly and wonderful, but once it started getting past that magic 7 o'clock hour, she got a little prickly. She slowly went from happy to sleepy, then from sleepy to pissed.

And I really mean pissed. She cries when she's upset, but she screams when she's pissed. She pretty much shouts deliberately right in your face. Then, when she gets really mad, she starts enunciating angry little sounds, which I'm pretty sure in her mind are the worst swear words a four-month-old girl can muster. My little sweetie.

So now we're back at home, cat in my lap, baby in Mom's lap, and dogs strategically arranged on couches.

Babe-O is acting like she always does when she's up way past her bedtime and is fighting sleep, which to the untrained eye might make her look like a little stoner. Right now she has rediscovered her left hand and is waving it slowly in front of her face, obviously amused by the handliest hand in the history of hands. When that got old (which took longer than you'd think), she looked up and noticed the ceiling fan, which, incidentally, is the fanliest fan in the history of fans.

As I'm writing this, I can see she is drifting off. Here's to a sleepy Friday night...



 

...I wish my hand was that cool.

4 comments:

  1. One of the first notes I got from daycare was "S likes to lie around and stare at the fans all day."

    And, wait until Babe-O learns to wave. Then she'll be waving at herself. I kept thinking S was saying "whoa, look at that!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jude
    More power to her! I wouldn't mind spending a day or two fan-gazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mikki has discovered her feet and they are the most interesting thing. All you have to do is say "FEET!" and she gives you this big ole smile... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ilanna
    Babe-O too! I don't think she knows what they're called, but she thinks they're hilarious.

    ReplyDelete