Monday, January 5, 2009

Most Valuable Lunch (and vaccination theory)

It was one of those days… by about 10 a.m. I was stressed out and agitated. It doesn't happen all that often, but today is sure did. I was on generally tired, on deadline for freelance work, and playing post-holiday catch-up at the office. Plus I had to skip my shower this morning and for some reason was walking around smelling like a cross between white bread and feet.

I was planning to work through lunch, just to keep the productivity train moving, but before long realized that if I didn't catch a breather I was going to have a little freak-out. So…it was a good time to pop home for some time away from the office.

Lucky for me, Mom-O needed to run out to an appointment and I got the chance to let her fly solo and to hang out with Babe-O for a while. It was reenergizing to say the least.

My little girl was a delight as we played together and hung out until Mom got back and I scurried back to work. Things were looking up as I drove back, though I still wasn't really thinking about anything except getting back home at the end of the day to see her again.

I guess that was a short, uneventful little story, but it was certainly the highlight of my day.

As far as things go that aren't the highlight of my day, now I'm sitting down to a stack of childhood vaccination research so that we have some decent information at hand tomorrow when we take Babe-O to the doctor for her four month well-baby appointment. Last time, we went to the appointment not expecting any discussion of vaccinations at all, but apparently she was due for her first few. We were caught unprepared and our perhaps overzealous doctor pretty much plowed through a bunch of medical mumbo-jumbo and stuck a bunch of needles into our kid.

We aren't planning to do anything crazy like skip vaccinations altogether, we're just looking into a more spread out schedule. We're just thinking that when we're talking about a twelve pound kid it is probably best to err on the side of caution when it comes to injecting metal-rich concoctions into a little body. So, long story short, instead of two shots this week, she'll get one this week and another one next week. Twice the doctor visits, but other than that it seems like a win-win.

Happy reading…I'm off to hit the good old Vaccine Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment