Friday, January 2, 2009

I like this kid

You know, I really like Babe-O. You'd think that would go without saying, but really it doesn't.

Everybody loves their kids.

You have to. It's the genetics. It's the law. You just do.

But nothing says you have to like your kid. And I imagine that there are a lot of people that do love their kids, but never get around to particularly liking them.

I like Babe-O. She's great. She is genuinely fun to hang around with.

Granted, she's only four months old, but she is really cool. She's funny. She's nice.

And I have a feeling that it only gets better from here. (Just keep snide remarks about teenage girls to yourself.)

So tonight was a great Friday night. I got home a little on the early side, hung out with Babe-O until right about now (when she had to pop over to see Mom-O for her dinner), and in a few minutes it will be time for me to do her nightly bath and put her to bed. In the couple of hours that I've been home, we've played with her toys, done tummy time, and danced to the CD that came with her Rhinoceros Tap book. That is an awesome book, by the way, and she squealed with delight and flashed big crazy smiles as we bounced up and down to the music.  She's a very musical kid, which is cool.

Anyway, here's to a short post for the moment, because hanging out with my kid is a whole lot more fun than hanging out with my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment