Monday, April 13, 2009

We’ve got a reader

Today, Mom-O went through a big stack of Babe-O's new books with her, which she apparently enjoyed to no end. By the time I got home, she still hadn't had her fill and was eager to sit down with me and do some more reading.

That's when I got my first glimpse of Babe-O's very deliberate reading finger. As soon as you open a book, she balls her right hand into a little fist with her pointer finger sticking out at the page. She uses it to point at stuff, push buttons if there are buttons, and touch stuff in her touch-n-feel books (which she loves). That deliberate little finger is just stinking adorable.

It is very cool how interested she seems to be in her books, especially since both her Mom and I were big on reading when we were little. Hopefully some of her new, very basic books, will help her find the words she's been looking for with her little babbles and squeals lately.

2 comments:

  1. @amy
    Don't spoil the ending. I have my suspicions about the zebra.

    ReplyDelete