Wednesday, April 8, 2009

B.Y.O.Door

Babe-O has a cold. Mom-O has a cold. I have a cold.

Needless to say, as I drove home from work today, I wasn't expecting that a fantastic evening lay ahead.

I was wrong.

Perhaps starting to feel a little better than she has recently, Babe-O was a complete delight when I walked in the door. She was bouncing up and down, laughing and excited. I had plans to do some work as soon as I got home, but pushed that off until tonight on account of her awesome mood.

Mom-O headed out to run some errands and I got to hang out with my small buddy (I used to call her "little buddy," but that had a little too much of a Gilligan's Island ring to it).

She had a new FAO Schwartz wooden puzzle that was send to us by my parents and we had a great time banging the pieces around and trying to get them to fit in the holes. I couldn't believe how long the thing held her attention. In fact, I was by far the first one to lose interest, so we saddled Babe-O up in her Jeep baby sling and started doing some work around the house.

She helped me get the kitchen halfway together and goofed off with me as I tried to get moved into my rearranged office…soon to be an office/guest room, a fact I'm still struggling to accept. We've decided that Babe-O needs a dedicated play room, which means the guest room becomes Babe-O's Room II and my office becomes the guest room. I very stubbornly resisted this at first, but my office is waaaaay bigger than I actually need (which is/was pretty sweet) and it will be waaaaay nice to have a dedicated room for playing, which should translate to me tripping over less baby stuff elsewhere in the house.

We'll see how it goes.

It's actually a great deal for our guests, since our current guest room is quite small. The only downside is that at the moment there is no door leading to my office, so our more modest visitors will have to abide by the temporary B.Y.O.Door policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment