Sunday, December 21, 2008

Daddy does my hair.

I'm a new dad. And this is a new blog.

It's all about my baby girl (Babe-O) who I love the crap out of with the help of my lovely and wonderful wife (Mom-O).

This blog picks up a few months after an old one left off. To bring yourself up to speed and learn what it's like to be married to a crazy pregnant lady, visit Who are you (and what are you doing in my wife)?.

I hope you'll follow along and watch me watch Babe-O grow up. With any luck, you'll think it's funny and/or insightful and come back often.

Right now, Babe-O is just over three and a half months old. She is lucky enough to have a great Mom that stays home with her every day. I spend the days at work, and am always eager to get home and see the family.

Oh, and just so you don't underestimate the chaos we face every day – the family is made up of (in order of seniority) Babe-O, Mom-O, Lola (dog), Harry (cat), me (whipped), Maggie (another dog), and Jack (one more dog).

As far as being a Dad goes, I'm learning as I go. I never had a younger sibling or any younger relatives. In fact, unless I'm forgetting somebody, I'm pretty sure that the first baby I ever held was my own.

So yes, Babe-O might someday tell you that Daddy does her hair, but that doesn't mean he's any good at it.

I like to think that my heart's in the right place, though. And with any luck, that'll be enough.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see you back. I got the link to your prego blog from your wife on a message board and my DH and I have enjoyed reading your hilarious recounting of everything we were going through at the same time. We had a perfect baby boy (8lbs 14 oz) on Sept. 15! Can't wait to hear your amazing stories of fatherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be back -- and congrats on your small one!

    ReplyDelete