Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Front-heavy hiking

I've been stalling on this hiking post for a few days now because I was really hoping that one of the people in our group who was taking pictures would have e-mailed them out by now, but no such luck (hint, hint, photogs!). Anyway, blog post now, photos later.

We took Babe-O hiking at a place with big rocks. It was kind of a weird spot, but for six bucks you get to hike around a big loop in the woods with big, impressive cliffs and rock formations. I used to do the camping/hiking thing occasionally, so I was pretty stoked about the whole outing, even more so because I got to expose Babe-O to some genuine outdoor adventuring. She rode around strapped to my chest in her ever-useful Jeep carrier, which has now proven that it can accommodate everything from emptying the dishwasher to semi-professional rock climbing.

She did great. No fussing, no complaints, just riding around and occasionally cooing and shouting at the surrounding scenery. With any luck, this will lay the foundation for many daddy/daughter adventures.

Mom-O and nature don't really get along, so it'll be very cool if I can get away with having a buddy to run around in the woods with me. Time will tell, but so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment