Friday, February 13, 2009

Good morning!?

Last night was a good night. This morning was a little disorienting.

Usually (okay, ideally) the bedtime routine is this: bath at 7:00, dressed for bed at 7:20ish, last feeding at 7:30ish, in the crib shortly thereafter. The night usually involves a few feedings and maybe a diaper change. Babe-O wakes up, fusses a little, I go get her, Mom-O feeds her, and I take her back to her crib.

Last night, it didn't go like that at all. First of all, she didn't go to sleep until about midnight…which is not only way past her bedtime, it's also way past mine.

That wasn't a big deal, though. I had client work to do, so I was going to be up late anyway, and Mom-O was on hand to read drafts and be my second set of eyes. So we are both going to be up one way or another, which made it much less stressful to have our prickly baby refusing to go to bed.

Finally, when my work was done and Babe-O was asleep, we went to bed.

Now keep this in mind: I don't have an alarm clock. I have three dogs, one of which always has to pee (wakeup call). I also have a baby, who gets up a few times each night, including once right about the time I need to be handing her off to her Mom and heading to work.

This morning, I woke up to the sun coming through the window. The dogs were asleep and Babe-O was nowhere to be seen.

In fact, I hadn't seen any of them all night long.

I freaked a little, jumping out of bed and hurrying down the hall to the nursery. There was Babe-O, wide awake and playing with her feet through her sleep sack.

As I opened the door, she turned to look at me and cooed.

She had slept through the night. Then, after she woke up at a very reasonable hour of the morning, she kept herself amused for who knows how long. And the good sleep karma must have been flowing, because the dogs slept through the night, too.

Babe-O and I got up together, made some coffee, and let the dogs out. Then she sat in her bouncer in the bathroom while I showered and got ready for work.

In the meantime, Mom-O was getting another hour of sleep to top off the first good night's sleep she's had in months.

It was just awesome. Here's hoping for a repeat performance tonight.

3 comments:

  1. YAY for sleep! - that's fantastic that you got that. keep it up Babe-O. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ilanna
    Not only that, but tonight we put her in her crib wide awake and she went right to sleep. Good baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is usually asleep or half asleep in my arms before i put her down - but there's been a few times where i put her down - kiss her - turn off the light and pray -a nd it usually works. :) YAY for new discoveries! :)

    (p.s. nice job on V-day {wink})

    ReplyDelete